Monday 18 July 2011

Weekend Rewind- a baby shower

This past weekend we celebrated  Brayden's baby shower. I had wanted to be a part of setting this up for them since before he was born, that's how long I had been planning the various colors, decorations and presents. I love a party & I love decorating, I just don't get a chance to host one very often (I guess I could have a party for no reason), so this was very exciting. All my ideas were DIY and I had been working for weeks trying to make everything I had dreamed up a reality. I was really happy with how everything turned out, I may have let out a little squeal. Here are some of my photo's from the baby shower:

1- M&M's in blue, yellow & green- my mom & dad worked tirelessly at picking out the other colors and eating them ;-) 
2- the name banner I made for Brayden
3- the food table
4- pom poms- I love pom poms
5- a fabric garland and flowers made with napkins (thank you Kara for showing me this super easy, fabulous little decoration)

1- the table for everyone to fill in envelopes with their address so Lyndsey doesn't have to when she does the thank you cards. Such a great time saver.
2- a big "B" I picked up in Lethbridge and painted for Brayden
3- the front of mom & dad's with fabric banners & pom poms, they have been working so hard on landscaping and it looks amazing!
4- more fabric banners
5- Anna helping... sort of
6- I took plain gift bags and decorated them for my gifts

1- close up of Brayden's banner
2- Lydnsey opening the scrapbook I made her
3- Lyndsey opening the quilt I made for Brayden
4- Anna opening gifts from Gramma
5- Lyndsey & Brayden- she looks amazing and he is so stinkin' cute. I could just eat him up I love him so much!

I made a scrapbook for Brayden's first year, Each page is a month and Lyndsey just needs to add in the photos from each month. He now has more scrapbooking done for him than poor Anna does. I'm a bad scrapbooking momma!

And last but not least, my quilt. I was so happy with how it turned out, I may have got choked up when she opened it. Needless to say I am very tired and need about a month to catch up on my lost sleep. I hope she loved everything, it made me so happy to do this for them, to show them just how special they are to me.

On the agenda this week- simplifying our lives!! Everyday seems to be a bit hectic and a little organizing and planning never hurt anyone.
Happy Monday friends!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Wow Nadine that quilt is beautiful!! Love the pom poms!