Tuesday 28 June 2011

weekend rewind

The weekend was split into half fabulous / half sickly family & chores. Anna went to Gramma & Papa's for a sleepover Friday, Cory worked all day Saturday so I had the whole day to myself and I can't lie it was kinda nice. In the morning I went to the farmer's market for fresh veggies, to the German Bakery for their Coconut Macaroons (delicious), to Planet Organic, to Greenwoods (a fabulous local bookstore) then to Crave (a new cupcake shop in Edmonton). I got home and tried to have a nap but I had consumed an extraordinarily large amount of sugar and caffeine so that was out of the question. So what else can a girl do? If you guessed go shopping you'd be correct! I had a gift card to Anthropologie {I heart this store} so off I went.  I love everything about this store, okay maybe not the price tags but everything else! Then smell, the customer service, the cloths, the home decor, the bedding, even the bags and tissue they wrap your purchase in. I got the most fabulous top and found a bandeau to wear under- which I happened to be wanting for ever! I love a great shopping day!

Cory & I headed to my new favorite restaurant- Padmanadi for dinner. This is a vegetarian restaurant and it is delicious! So very delicious! After dinner we went to see The Hangover 2- hilarious. Incredible ridiculous and wildly inappropriate for many people but I laughed out loud too many times to count. Sunday Cory woke up sick, I drugged him up on cold medication, cleaned the house and then headed out to pick up Anna, who is sick for the first time. I am now pumping up my immune system with Immune FX. No time to be sick!
I'll leave you with a picture of the river valley where I go walking with Anna. With all the rain we've had everything is lush and bright green. It is gorgeous!  I think it's one of Edmonton's best features.


Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh that Crave cupcake place is right beside my hair salon!! Love them!
I have to agree with you Nadine about the river valley it is beautiful and I find myself savouring every moment of this lusciousness we are experiencing :)