St. Patrick's Day is next Tuesday and I have a little girl that is very excited about the possibility of leprechauns. They read books about them at preschool and she comes home and tells me all about the leprechauns. Did you know they live by a rainbow? Did you know they always looking for gold? Did you know they're green and small? I decided to make a little goodie that didn't involve too much fuss and would be a fun treat for St. Patrick's Day. I came up with "bait" and explained we would use it to try and catch a leprechaun. So far... by the amount of times I catch her Daddy eating the treats, I'd say he's the only thing we're going to catch.
bag of small twist pretzels
green sugar sprinkles
*I found the green melting chocolate & shamrocks at Bulk Barn
- line backing sheet with parchment paper and add a layer of pretzels
-Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir and melt for 30 more seconds. Still to melt through.
- Add chocolate to a plastic bag, snip off tip
- drizzle white chocolate back & forth over pretzels
- Add a bit of sugar sprinkles
- melt green chocolate as you did white & add to bag
- drizzle green chocolate over pretzels
- Add more sugar sprinkles & the shamrock sprinkles
- place pan in fridge to cool & harden the chocolate, minimum 15 min
- take out & break apart
- ENJOY a sampling
- set up leprechaun trap ;)