Thursday, 23 October 2014
Wednesday, 22 October 2014
Most of my meals come together out of the blue. I am constantly making thinks up by incorporating ingredients that I like and know go together. This recipe was one of those, it's light, fresh & good for you!
Lemon Dill Zoodles
2 cups zoodles
(Noodles made from zucchini. I used my mandolin to cut these.)
0.50 Cup mixed peppers
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill
half a lemon
1 tbsp cream cheese
salt & pepper
- place zoodles between paper towels and press out excess water
- add zoodles, peppers & 1 tbsp olive oil to frying pan. Toss to coat in oil and season with salt & pepper.
- cook on medium for about 5 minutes. Longer if needed, you are just trying to heat everything up. You don't want to overcook the zoodles or they go quite mushy
- lower heat, squeeze in your lemon juice, add dill and cream cheese. Toss to coat and melt the cream cheese.
- plate and top with parsley
- serve immediately
Tuesday, 21 October 2014
Product: pattern paper: My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins, Pebbles, cardstock: Bazzill, alphas: American Crafts, embellishments: Crate Paper, Teresa Collins, My Mind's Eye
Monday, 20 October 2014
We purchased a 5 day park hopper pass (we are able to bounce back & forth between Disneyland & California Adventure) and this is Day 1 in Disneyland and it was MAGICAL. The park is decorated for Halloween until Oct. 31 and part of the reason I chose this time of year to go. It really is magical. The sights, the sounds, the hustle & bustle. We were all in awe. I have been before and even I walked around like it was the first time.
At first Anna was nervous about being with & hugging the characters but that wore off fast! We bought a signature book and she became an experts at asking the various characters & princesses to sign her book. She ended up filling two! She was always excited and had the most amazing expressions and she met someone new.
The details, Disney loves their details. The goodies available blew me away each time I saw them!
Our favourite rides from toady were Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & Splash Mountain. Anna loved roller coasters, we all squealed and threw our hands in the air!
Splash Mountain. Awesome.
We got soaked and Anna was quite upset that her shirt was "ruined", it was +35 so it took no time to dry and she forgot all about being upset.
There is a parade each day in the park and it is wonderful. Anna practically waved her arm off. At one point she asked if she could stop waving.
We also stopped at the Mad Hatter shop to buy Cory & Anna their first pair of Mickey ears with their names embroidered on the back. Anna of course chose princess and Cory chose pirate ears.
Meeting the characters was amazing. One of my personal favourites was Merida,
she captured the essence of that princess SO well!
(the picture of Minnie is from day 2)
Anna's favourite princess is Cinderella and meeting her was beyond amazing for her. I will never forget her reaction when she came around the corner and saw Cinderella standing there, smiling at her. She gasped the largest gasp and then turned to us in shock. I got goose bumps. These pictures make me so happy.
We purchased a Photo Pass before we left on our trip and it was the best purchase we made. For less than $100 we have over 700 professional photos. The photographers are throughout the park, they take multiple images, check to make sure they captured a great shot, they have you pose in different ways and many locations have you do "random" poses and then when you go look up your photo it has been edited like the one in the bottom left corner. Fun!
This picture pretty much sums up Day 1.
Disney Adventure to be continued...
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Our adventure starts here at the airport with this Anna doll. The morning of our flight Anna woke up to a new Anna doll that the princesses of Disneyland had sent her to help her be brave on the plane. She was excited to say the least.
I will be sharing this trip day by day- mostly because I have so many photos that I love and want to share. 2575 photos to be exact, 1863 between Cory & myself and 712 professional photos from inside the parks. I used my Photopass like it was my job!
We arrived early and got through security like a breeze, did you know if you have a little one that you get to jump the line? Hello awesome!
So beautiful! However... I am scared- like feel like I might faint scared- of flying. I ended up taking something to knock me out for a good portion and keep me "happy and calm" for the remainder. As for my 3 year old- A CHAMP! She was so brave, not even a flinch when we had a little turbulence. She didn't even ask what was going on. I was so proud and choked up when I told her I wished I could be more like her.
We're here! We're here! After landing, collecting our luggage and our rental car we headed out into LA traffic. Not my shiniest moment. Short story- go fast, know where you need to exit and go faster.
After lunch we headed out to Downtown Disney. If you haven't been it is basically an outdoor shopping center before the gates into the parks (Disneyland & California Adventure), there are shops, restaurants and kiosks. We headed into the Lego store first and were amazed by the creations. All the figures in the pictures above are built with Lego.
Next stop- Build A Bear. Anna built a princess cat (I know, it looks like a horse), dressed her, gave her rollerblades, a leash and set out for a stroll. The cat's name is Aurora and she has a sound chip in her foot that sings "Let it Go" which will come in very handy on the plane home (please hear my sarcasm).
Starbucks! YES! This is a new thing for here, maybe in the last 2-3 years, so I was very excited. This Starbucks is huge! It is the second biggest, the biggest one is located in Times Square. It also made the best Pumpkin Spice latte I have ever drank!
To finish off our first day in California we headed to Target to get groceries and wine. Why wouldn't you buy wine when it sits beside the bread (Oh Canada- why can't we buy wine with our groceries?). I also found everything Pumpkin Spice flavor and I mean everything. We came back to our hotel, ate gelato in bed and planned our next day- our first day in Disneyland!
To be continued...
Tuesday, 14 October 2014
As I try to get back into the swing of things around here and get organised for up coming classes and projects I will try my very best to keep up with the blog and keep the content interesting instead of just filling in days with what ever comes to me that morning. I have layouts to share so I will be keeping Layout Love Tuesday to hopefully inspire you to create something yourself.
Happy Tuesday Friends and to my Canadian readers- I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Product: pattern papers: MME, Pebbles, transparency: Studio Calico, various embellishments: Crate Paper, MME, American Crafts
If you have any specific questions about product please feel free to email me at nadinekaren(at)ymail(dot)com
Friday, 10 October 2014
I am back. If you follow along with me on Instagram you knew where I was but if not, we were off on a dream vacation/adventure. We left for California/Disneyland on September 29 and spent 8 amazing, sunny, packed days there soaking it all up. I have to be honest, I shed a few tears our last day- I was just not ready to go home but our bank account said it was time. I have spent the last 3 days cleaning, unpacking and trying very hard to get back into a routine.
I will be sharing in detail our trip and how grateful I am that we were there together but for now here's the Coles Notes version...
- Cory & I celebrated 6 years of marriage.
- I took a lot of drugs to knock me out for the flight (both ways). Anna on the other hand was unbelievable brave.
- We rented a car and drove in LA traffic- slightly nerve wracking.
- We lifted our faces daily up to the sun and said thank you.
- I celebrated my 36th birthday.
- We met Mickey, Minnie and all their friends (except Daisy).
- We met every princess.
- We met Pooh and all his friends.
- We took hundreds! of photos.
- We found a beach, walked a pier and played in the ocean.
- We ate and ate and ate.
- We didn't complain once that it was +35 - +40 every day that we were there.
- We lucked out so many times when it came to waiting in line and scoring reservation tickets. And we high fived every time we did.
- We went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and it was so awesome!
- We shopped & shopped & shopped.
- We only had one blow up and it was mostly me doing the blowing up and it boiled down to reminding everyone to be grateful.
- We ate breakfast with the Princesses one day and with Minnie and her friends another.
- Anna had a makeover at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.
- We got soaked on Splash Mountain.
- We ooh'd & awe'd at the fireworks.
- We ate Dole Whip... a lot.
- We raced cars in Cars Land, twice. My favourite ride for sure.
- I went on the tea cups and spent an hour after trying not to throw up. Spinning rides are not my "cup of tea".
- Anna loves roller coasters.
- I have never seen a happier Wachter family.