Friday 27 September 2013

Happy 5 Years Mr. Handsome

(this is my first time uploading a video & it seems to only work for me on my pc?)

Today we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary! 5 years, it's not 10, 20 or 50 but 5 years seems like a pretty big deal to me. I came across a bunch of videos from our wedding and got all weepy (more weepy than usual) thinking about how much we've been through, how far we've come, how far we have to go and how much I love him. I thought I would share some of the lessons I have learnt over the last 5 years.

Saying "I Love You" every day matters.

Going to bed angry is bad, so very bad. It allows hurt feelings to fester and I can not be left alone with hurt feelings.

Hug each other everyday before you leave for work and when you get home from work.

Do your best to sit down together at the table every night for supper. It doesn't have to be a fancy meal it just has to be together.

Give compliments, men love compliments just as much as we do.

Schedule in alone time, be priorities.

It is okay to want to be alone, away from each other.

Pay attention to what matters, even if it's not your thing! I don't really care for MMA but Cory loves it, so I listen, I pay attention and I learn about it because it matters to him... which in the end matters to me.

COMMUNICATION! I truly believe that the breakdown of any relationship is due to lack of communication.

No secrets. Inevitably it will come out and it will hurt even more.

Hold hands, touch the small of the back, place an hand on a knee- these small, seemingly insignificant things can send lightning bolts through your body, can make a bad day good again, can lift a blanket of anxiety. These little things matter.

Slow dance in the kitchen.

Be silly. Laugh.

Have special traditions. Make a big deal out of things like birthdays or weekend brunch or decorating for the holidays or long weekend Mondays.

Stand up for each other.

Ask for help.

Kiss good night.

Happy Anniversary Cory.
I love you so very much.
xoxo









1 comment:

Kara said...

This makes my heart happy. ever so happy. Love you both! Happy Anniversary!