Sunday 4 September 2011

an impromptu sort of day

We left the house yesterday at 10:30am to go to the farmers market- that was all we had planned. Instead of coming home we went fall cloths shopping for Anna, got a car load of groceries and then headed home. Instead of going straight home we took the long way so Anna would fall asleep in the car, I missed my turn and the next thing I knew we were heading out of the city to The Devonian Botanical Gardens. Fun! Then instead of going home from there we went to a BBQ and finally at 10:45pm we were back at home. Whew! I'm the least spontaneous person I know (border line dud) so this was a HUGE stretch for me. We had such a great day, maybe I'm not such a dud after all.
Here are some of my favorite photos from our day.





With everything that we did yesterday it lent me little time to do anything creative but I could not bail out on day 3, I went for a simple, stress free approach and created this card using leftovers from Friday's layout. It's clean and simple but I really like it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Just found your blog via Ginger - I can relate to not being very spontaneous, but it is so much fun when I follow my hubby's more relaxed lead! You have a lovely blog here. I'd like to join in your 30 day challenge - so far I've created 6 layouts & 5 cards since Sept began (that rate will slow down when Tuesday arrives as my schedule gets busy). Will email you a little later today.

scrappyjacky said...

Also popped over her from Ginger....will try and join in...though I don't think I'll manage something everyday.I have made 6 cards on the 1st and 2nd of the month....maybe they could count for 6 days!!!!!!

Ginger said...

Hi Nadine! I love your photos from the Devonian Gardens... when we were there this summer we had not time left to see the butterflies :) What a gorgeous shot!