Monday 28 April 2014

Rainy Days = Puddle Jumping


Children learn from their parents every day but some of the best days are when the parent can learn from the child. Anna is constantly inspiring me to just be happy, to see the good side to things, to just do something, to smile and be carefree. We had a very soggy, rainy day last week and I was inclined to lay around and be cozy, not a bad thing but not at all what Anna had in mind. She saw that rain and instantly thought- PUDDLES! As if I could hear the gears turning in her head I jumped off the couch, got her rain gear and sent her outside. I watched for a few minutes and thought- Wow, look how much fun she is having! I got dressed up and joined her, she squealed and that was pretty much worth it right there. We went exploring, followed the rain as it ran down the street & watched it pour into the drains. We looked for the biggest and best puddles and then we jumped in them. I felt great! Wet, but so great. The air smells so wonderful with the rain and everything feels fresh. I am so glad I chose to play that day. Thank you Anna.












1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES!