Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Sweet Friends

(This layout was created using the February month kit from Treasured Memories.)

There was a time when I disliked Valentine's Day. It was at time when I didn't appreciate gratitude and the significant role it played in my life. Valentine's day for me isn't just about celebrating love between two people now but celebrating friendship, play, children & family and being grateful for all of it. This year I sent out little "thinking of you" Valentines, nothing fancy but I wanted to send a sweet message that said "Hey! You're important to me!"  I set up a little display for Anna last night while she was sleeping, some of it are little gifts I had been collecting and other parts are little notes I wrote to her asking her to be my Valentine. Little things to let her know she is important and special and loved. I am making heart pancakes with whip cream and strawberries for breakfast, a special dinner of our favourite Greek foods and chocolate covered strawberries. I'll be spending the day hanging out with Anna delivering a couple Valentine's and doing crafty sorts of things. It doesn't have to be big and fancy to be meaningful. Who are you grateful for? Send them a little love today. 
Have a great weekend friends!
xo

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

This is lovely! I am wearing red...and eating heart shaped chocolates that someone left on my desk!

I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU!! Happy Valentine's Day xoxoxo