Tuesday 26 November 2013

Inviting Self Care Into Our Lives


I have been having a hard time lately. Working from home, working at the store, teaching, taking care of a very hard headed three year old, no sleep, taking care of a house and bills and meals and and and and and... I know I am not alone, but it sure feels that way sometimes. I just need a day off but when I look at the calendar I can see that there isn't one coming. Instead I need to improvise, yesterday I dressed Anna up and sent her outside. I sat at the table, drank my coffee, made lists, enjoyed the silence and watched her play. It was wonderful, in fact it felt a little like magic. I told the guilt that crept in and said things like "if you were a good mom you'd be out there playing with her" to F-bomb off and I enjoyed this "free" time. I have been thinking a lot about self care lately (along with my continued thoughts about health... correlation much).
How can I (we) invite more self care into our lives when we just can't get that day off and we can't fly off to Mexico. 
How can we take care of ourselves without feeling guilty or selfish? 
Yesterday was a start for me, thank you warm winter days. 

What do you do to take care of yourself? Please share in the comments section or send me an email    { nadinekaren(at)ymail.com } I would love to know.  

Take Care Friends.
xoxo

No comments: