Wednesday 7 August 2013

Dill Pickle Potato Salad

Dill Pickle Potato Salad

I have a confession- I am addicted to potato salad. To my potato salad that is, it is creamy, crunchy and dilly! Mmmm. And while I'm here- to pickles! 
I made this for a BBQ we had and it was a humongous hit. A friend of ours is still dreaming about it ;)
I am here to share my secret.... pickles! Now if you don't love pickles, first- what is wrong with you ;) and second never mind- you won't like this but I suppose you can leave out the pickles.


You will need:

small potatoes (about 40) boiled with skin on, cooled and chopped
4 medium sized pickles diced

Dressing
3-4 heaping Tbsp Mayo
2 heaping Tbsp Sour cream 
  1 tsp mustard
squeeze of lemon juice
2 Tbsp fresh dill ( I usually add more- I love it!)
1-2 Tbsp dried dill
salt & pepper to taste

(This recipe is a guideline, it will obviously change for the amount of potatoes you have.)

- Combine all dressing ingredients, stir. Taste and adjust recipe as desired. (For example the first time I made it, it was too sour creamy, so I added more mayo.)
- Add chopped potatoes and pickles to separate bowl
- Add dressing to this, gently stir until all the potatoes are covered
- put in fridge to have flavours "intensify" or just eat it like I do

Bon appetite!

2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

i just bought potatoes, but opened my cupboard to put them away and found...more potatoes! Oh dear. I guess I will just have to make a big batch of this to use them up. With extra pickles!

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

TONIGHT!