Tuesday 2 July 2013

Hello July... how did you get here so fast!

I swear it cannot just be me when it comes to thinking that the months are flying by faster & faster! How the heck is it July!! No "monthly goal" post today, you can see my summer manifesto here. I have plenty of work related goals but that really isn't that interesting. 

July is here and it came in hot hot hot! 
We celebrated the Canada Day long weekend and it was a lot of fun. I typically am not very patriotic but I want Anna to know all about our country and how lucky she is to live here so this year I decided we would do something to celebrate Canada's birthday. And if you know me you know I think that birthday's should be fun, have decorations and when possible should come with a party. 

We got all tattoo'd up, packed up our little flags (which we forgot in the car) and headed down to the Legislature grounds. We played in the water, ate ice cream, watched a Pipe band and got the life scared out of us when the canons went off for the 21 gun salute. We headed home for a hot dog roast and a pool party. None of us made it to the fireworks... we were all fast asleep!

All three of us enjoying Anna's pool. Pool Party!!!

On Sunday we had a few people over for a BBQ, so much yummy food!

On Saturday we took Anna to her first Edmonton Eskimo's football game. The game was pretty terrible but the weather was beautiful and I may have "accidentally" cheered for the wrong team a few times.


It was a pretty great weekend. 
Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!
xo

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Awesome! Dude & I didn't make it to the fireworks either. We both fell asleep before 9 and Russ couldn't wake us up in time to head out!

I'm glad the Leg grounds was fun. Ben Sures was supposed to be performing. We headed to Sherwood Park instead, where I got to embarrass myself by fainting, and garnering the attention of some cops, a golf cart, first aid, and a healthy crowd. Yep...serves me right for doing my civic duty and donating blood on the hottest day of the year!

SEE YOU TONIGHT!!!!!