Tuesday 27 November 2012

a paper therapy session

If you read my post from yesterday you know that I was having "one of those days", to try and remedy that situation I spent the day scrapbooking. For me. Not for a class. Not for a client. Not for the store. It was so therapeutic  I slowing came out of my funk and filled my day with gratitude, adhesive, washi tape, paper and an impromptu dance party with Anna. It was just what I needed. I finished 7 pages. Anna was a dream, painting and playing all day as if she knew I just needed a little alone time. 

What do you do for a personal "time out"? If you're a scrapbooker does working on pages or projects do something to your soul? Or creating anything for that matter, does it lift your spirits? Sometimes I don't realize just how valuable it is to my sanity. 

These 2 pages aren't from yesterday but from my November month kit for Treasured Memories  The first one is from Halloween 2011 and the second this past Halloween. It is amazing to see the difference, she is growing way too fast (insert sad face here).



4 comments:

Candace said...

Scrapbooking saves me, and yes it is to me a little slice of magic to lift my spirits and bring me to my happy place. Your layouts are lovely, as is Anna. Glad you had a good day friend.

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw your FIFTH layout on Instagram the other day! I'm glad you got to do some scrapbooking for yourself....and I can't wait to see the actual layouts!

I hope today is just as awesome!

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

And yes, I find that any time I take to scrapbook (even if it is making damn kits for TM!) soothes my mind, and fuels my soul, and gives me an energy that I can't get from anything else!

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

I want to see the rest of those layouts!