I made this wreath for a give away at work, we all were given a straw wreath from Michael's and asked to transform it how ever we liked. I chose to do a Halloween wreath and wanted to share it here, it was super easy, I used bits & pieces that I already had and I think it turned out pretty fabulous.
I completely forgot to take a before shot, sorry, here is the finished product.
- I started by tearing strips of black & white fabric and tying them onto the wreath with knots.
- I left about a 1" - 1.5" space between each piece of fabric.
- I then went in and tied black ribbon in the spaces, followed by orange and lastly some white ribbon to fill in all the gaps.
- I tied everything with a double knot and left the ends at about 1" - 1.5" in length.
- I then tied a loop of sheer black ribbon to the top of my wreath to hang it with
- Wit the same ribbon I made a bow and then using a glue gun I adhered it into place below my loop.
- To finish it off I went in and adhered a bunch of eyes (with a glue gun) to add a touch of spooky.
- I did not want to give away my wreath when I was finished :)