Sunday 12 December 2010

one month

WOW! My sweet baby girl is one month old today! I have been a momma for one month!! Yowzers! It has gone by so fast and yet feels like an eternity! We are learning, lots and lots of learning. It's a struggle everyday to take it easy, to be gentle with myself and patient with her & I. One day I think I have her figured out and the next she lets me know I have not. She is an amazing baby, she really is! The part of all this I am having the hardest time with isn't getting up in the middle of the night or the 2 hours of sleep or even the screaming fits. It's trying to let go of who I used to be, the routines I used to have and embrace the new me, the new routines (or lack of). No one tells you how hard that will be.
I thank my lucky stars everyday for her, for her smiles and yes sometimes even her tears. I'm grateful for story time and songs on the morning, for afternoon naps on my chest while I catch up on pvr'd shows and for bedtime baths.
Cory, wow is he a superstar! He is so great with her and thankfully even more so with me! I really can't say enough positive things about that man! He is my rock!
I've discovered all sorts of things in the last month...
- I can survive on a few hours of sleep day after day (although I am more likely to cry)
- This is way harder than I ever imagined
- I can do almost anything with one hand
- I sway even when I'm not holding her
- A little Shhh shhh shhing is my best friend
- I could stare at her for hours while she's sleeping... if only she slept that long
- Who needs to wear clean cloths anyway?
- I can get a ton of stuff done around the house in 20 minutes... it used to take hours
- Cory is the most amazing daddy and husband, I would be hopelessly lost without him
- I know my own parents love me, but I had no idea how much until I had Anna

I'll leave you with some sneakies from a little photo shoot we went to on Thursday. Nancy, a wonderful woman I know from Treasured Memories had us over and took pictures for me. It was great and I am over the top grateful for her for doing this for us!




2 comments:

Jules said...

The two of you are so beautiful.

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

aww! the heart hands and feet are so cute!

thanks for the photo! what a sweet family you have!