Tuesday 14 July 2009

I quit my job!
I have been trying to decide whether I should do this or not for the longest time and I feel like such a weight has been taken off my shoulders- it feels GREAT! In fact I feel like a different person since I handed in my notice last Wednesday. Now don't get me wrong I am fairly nervous about this but so much more excited. Once I start to feel uneasy I think about all the positive things that will come from this! I am incredibly lucky to have a husband that is so supportive of me and constantly pushes me to follow my dreams and passions! So that is exactly what I am doing. I'm not happy at my job. I enjoy the girls I work with a great deal but I just don't care about garage doors! I need more than "just a job" to make me happy. I left to work at home doing what I love. I have clients that I scrap for on a "full time" basis and ones that call if they have a specific project. I hate turning people down when they ask me to do work for them so now I won't have to. I also want to teach more! I have been asked to go to Jasper and back home to the store in Stettler but I just don't have the time or creative energy when I get home from work and then before you know it the weekend is over and it's back to the work week. I was asked to make kits for a store and panicked because I wanted to do it so badly but knew I wouldn't be able to make the commitment. I sold kits at Delite and it was a huge success so I know that if I put my energy, inspiration, creativity and heart into something that I am in love with I can accomplish anything! I was thinking of just getting a part time job but for now I am going to put all my energy into this, we'll see where things go.
So as of Aug. 28 I will be free as a bird, it makes me want to dance around- twirling. I am so excited to see what the future holds.
{xo}

3 comments:

Anam_Kihaku said...

you go girl!! wishing you much success & happiness :)

Jules said...

Oh congradulations! I can't wait to see what the future brings for you!

Treasured Memories said...

this is actually kara- i am too tired to sign out of chantel's account...

I love you and am sooooooooooo EXCITED for you!!! you have grown so much in the last year and I am so excited to see what wonderful things await such a wonderful lady!