Thursday 2 January 2014

One Little Word 2014


My one little word for 2014 is Brave. 



Tattoo from Kal Barteski, you can find her amazing work here.

I am participating in a year long workshop lead by Ali Edwards called one little word. The basics- choose a word to focus and reflect on as you go about your days. Let the word guide you and inspire you. In this workshop she will be giving a monthly prompt to make your word more visible throughout the year. Even if this workshop doesn't interest you, choosing a word can become a mantra of sorts. Something to guide you through, something to give you that little nudge you might need, something to remind you what you want. For example, Cory has chosen "follow through" to guide him in 2014. When the voices creep in and the desire to do something fades he can remind himself to follow through. Me, I will be reminding myself to be Brave. To "embrace the discomfort over resentment"- Brene Brown

Do you have a word for 2014?

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Brave was my word last year, and I think it served me very well. Every year I think I am not going to choose a word, and a word chooses me. And so I go with it, because I figure if a word finds me and shouts at me, that must be the Universe trying to tell me something. And heaven forbid I should ignore the Universe ;)