Monday 28 October 2013

on my night stand / kitchen table

I love to read but finding the time to do it seems to be an impossible task for me. I typically read before bed but I have been working until at least midnight every night and I think I am actually sleeping before I even completely lay down. I set a new goal though to try & read while I sit at the table and eat my breakfast (or lunch) instead of mindlessly flipping through the internet on my iPad.

Here are the books on my night stand/kitchen table.

The Hypnotist
I had seen this book on quite a few Instagram feeds and decided to see what was up. I really like it (still working on it) but it is a little unnerving. It is about a triple homicide, it involves kids and a psychotic teen. Not really bedtime material but I like this kind of book, I like the suspense and the problem solving. 


The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

I can not recommend this book enough! I have read & reread and have quite the girl crush on Brene Brown! I always feel as though she is speaking right to me, getting to the core of me, letting me know I am not alone. I am currently taking a 6 week e-course through Oprah based on the material in this book which I hope to blog about later on. Registration is closed but they are running it again in the new year. 
If you don't know about Brene Brown this is the TED talk that she did on vulnerability that has over 11.7 million views! 

Top 10 Journal

I received this book for my birthday... after I took a photo of it and where it was located in Indigo for Cory.  It is 80 pages of lists, manifestos, bucket lists &  inspiration. It is wonderful.


1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

That first book sounds terrifying...no thank you! I am still on a sci-fi/fantasy kick. But I am filling it out with a Wil Wheaton "biography". Too bad it's kind of lame...