Wednesday 25 September 2013

Autumn Wreath



You will need:
wreath form (mine is 14" in diameter)
various patterns of fabric ripped into long strips
spray paint (I used copper)
ribbon to go around wreath
fall decor branch
ribbon to tie a bow with at base of fall decor branch
ribbon to hang (I used a wired burlap)

Step1: Spray paint wreath. The paint soaks in a bit on this styrofoam form- not a big deal.

 Step 2: tie the ribbon around the form and finish with a knot, alternate fabric patterns
Step 3: I had gaps larger than I liked so I filled them in with brown ribbon

Step 4: Deside where you would like your fall decor branch, untie a few knots of fabric, push stem into form and then re-tie your fabric to hold in place
Step 5: Add a ribbon at the base of your branch and tie a bow
Step 6: Add your hanging ribbon. I placed mine around, brought the ends to the top, folded the front facing one over the back and then glued in place, I then cut a slit for my wreath hanger (which you can see at the top of the next photo).

Step 7: Hang and enjoy.

2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

It's lovely!

Crystal M. said...

I LOVE this! Thanks for sharing!! :)