Sunday 21 October 2012

Push Back

New look. New adventures.

I have been telling myself for over a year now that I should open up an Etsy shop for my cards, mini books, kits and various other goodies that I keep myself busy with. However, the usual suspects kept me from following through. You know, the voices that say things like "Why bother, there are so many other people doing the same thing." or "You'll never sell anything." or "Why embarrass yourself."

Now let's get something straight- I would never, not for a second, tolerate someone else talking to me like that so why is it okay for me to talk to myself like that? It isn't! At the end of the day it makes me really sad that that is how my internal voice sounds. Who the f-bomb does she think she is?

Cory said it beautifully to me one night while I cried on his shoulder- "Nadine, you need to push back.  Acknowledged that your fears and insecurities are there but stop letting them run the show. Push back. Push back."

Push back.

So that is what I did. I found my courage and I pushed back.

Welcome to my new shop.



I finally realized that I would feel worse if I never went ahead an did anything about it than I would if I never sold anything. Truth is, when I hit that button that says "open shop" I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I was so excited and so anxious all at the same time. I am really proud of myself. Will I sell so many products that Ellen will just have to have me on her show... {shrug}... most likely not but here I am, putting myself out into the massive world of Etsy and it feels pretty great. Pop by, check out my handmade love, check out other's handmade love. There is so much amazing stuff out there just waiting to be discovered.

I don't want to end this post without saying a huge thank you to my sweet friend Jillian of Made By Jillian Rose, who designed my logo as well as  my shop header and my business card. She is amazing and I am so grateful that the universe brought us together all those years ago. xoxo.

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

I am very proud of you! I know you be as amazing at this {ad}venture, as you are at everything else you put your heart into! I know a lot of people close by who LOVE your cards...why not think there are those far away that will as well!

GOOD LUCK!

p.s. Corey is awesome!