Wednesday 2 May 2012

a story of love, struggle and resilience

I can not recommend this book enough!

It is the memoir of a young women, Stephanie Nelson, who like you and I had beautiful dreams & a picture of what her future would look like. In 2008 she and her husband survived a horrific plane crash, she was burnt over 80% of her body and spent months in a coma. She missed out on so many precious moments with her 4 children, husband and family. This story is her journey back from that plane crash, her incredible will to live, her love, her optimism, her faith and her resilience.

I laughed with her.
I sobbed for her and her family.
I felt at times that I was there sitting in her hospital room supporting her, giving her encouraging words.
I was angry with her when she wouldn't let her husband into her room.
I willed her to look in the mirror for the first time
In the end I came out wishing I could meet her and tell her thank you for sharing her story with me.

This book has made me so much more grateful.
It has made me appreciate my life and the love I have for Anna & Cory and appreciate their love for me.
This book has changed me.

You can check out Stephanie's blog here at NieNie Dialougues.
 


3 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

When I was in Chapters the other day (buying up a storm, I might add) I noticed this book. It looks too sad for me, but I have read her blog and find it very inspirational.

I bought a bunch of sci-fi books instead! And a Margaret Atwood, for my brain...

Anonymous said...

Stephanie is an amazing woman. I've followed her blog (off and on) for quite a few years. She has an amazing attitude. So honest, so engaging, so sweet. I'll have to check out the book.

Nancy Peacock

Kara said...

I would love to read this book!!