Wednesday 22 October 2014

Lemon Dill Zoodles


Most of my meals come together out of the blue. I am constantly making thinks up by incorporating ingredients that I like and know go together. This recipe was one of those, it's light, fresh & good for you!

Lemon Dill Zoodles

2 cups zoodles
 (Noodles made from zucchini. I used my mandolin to cut these.)
0.50 Cup mixed peppers
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Dill 
Olive Oil
half a lemon 
1 tbsp cream cheese
parsley
salt & pepper

- place zoodles between paper towels and press out excess water
- add zoodles, peppers & 1 tbsp olive oil to frying pan. Toss to coat in oil and season with salt & pepper. 
- cook on medium for about 5 minutes. Longer if needed, you are just trying to heat everything up. You don't want to overcook the zoodles or they go quite mushy
- lower heat, squeeze in your lemon juice, add dill and cream cheese. Toss to coat and melt the cream cheese.
- plate and top with parsley
- serve immediately
- Enjoy!

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

This looks delicious! I have been trying to eat less meat lately. I've got BFF on board, and Dude has been a lunch-time vegetarian since he started school. This might just be the perfect addition to my meal plans! Who am I kidding....I don't have a meal plan. I have a last minute grocery list and "whatever's in the freezer" mentality!