Thursday 30 January 2014

Bucket List - See Pink Live - Check

Awhile back, Cory asked me if I had a Bucket List. I am not sure if I had ever thought about it, thought about all the things I wanted to do before I.... well you know. I was on the spot, I couldn't think of anything. Then I stopped and looked at him and said "I would love to see Pink live." A few weeks after that conversation it was announced that Pink would be bringing her Truth About Love tour to Canada and to Edmonton. I scrambled to find a phone and call Cory at work... omg, omg, omg. Then came time to buy the tickets and with all the ticket hoarding websites out there it was nearly impossible to get a ticket through Ticketmaster. I tried for 3 days through all the presale venues and then finally on the last day of presale I saw a link for VIP, clicked it and found 2 tickets. My heart was racing and my poor hands were all sweaty. I NEEDED these tickets and if I took too long they would be snatched up (they only give you what feels like 5 seconds to buy the damn things). 

Victory! I literally squealed and jumped up and down- for real! 

It was October 22 and I got a text that the show for October 23 was cancelled... I thought I might burst into tears (I didn't). The show was rescheduled for January 16 and we were off. 

This was the most incredible show I have ever seen. I knew every word to every song and danced the night away. She is completely inspiring. The singing, the Aerial, the acrobatics- unbelievable! I was in awe! I help my breath on more than one occasion as she flew through the air or hug upside down using just her leg strength. 

I took a video (probably not allowed to do that) as she opened the show and watch it over and over just to relive that excitement as I saw her shoot out of the stage. 

Amazing! 
(photo credit- Ginger)




(photo credit: Ginger)

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

It's so great that you got to check off a "Bucket List" item! Looks like it was an amazing show!