Wednesday 27 June 2012

lightening my load

I have been having a tough few weeks (maybe months), with everything seeming to come to a head this week. I spent most of yesterday crying and most of today yelling, yelling at Anna, yelling at my cats, yelling just for the sake of yelling. What's wrong? I can't say that it's one thing or the next but many small things that are all piling up around me. Some days I feel like there are weights on my chest and I can't catch my breath. 
Being a Momma & working from home (not to mention all my other roles)...is hard, so much harder than I had imagined. I never though for a second that it would be easy but never this difficult & frusterating. Some days are great and some days are shit. The unfortunate part is that I have been having more crap days than good. I don't like (or want) to air my dirty laundry here, I want to keep my blog positive and inspiring but I also want to be real. It's important to me that you all know it ain't sunshine and rainbows over here, that I can't do it all and that sometimes a little vent helps clear the mind. I want to be real so that others know they aren't alone. That troubles be it large or small are still troubles. That worries and stresses, what ever they may be are all valid. That maybe we can all help each other just by listening.

Thank you for listening to me today my friends.
xo

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi Nadine :) I am sorry things are so hard right now. I am thinking of you and hoping all will be well soon.

Kara said...

You my dear are AMAZING, INSPIRING and wonderful! Believe that! When you have those days remember who you really are and not who you currently feel like. I love you, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Nadine,

I don't often leave comments on people's blogs....... especially when I don't know them but I had to leave one after this post. Brief background about me I just moved from Sherwood Park to Calgary Jan 2011 for work opportunity. I had worked close to Treasured Memories and dropped in and shopped there alot. That is how I stumbled upon your blog. Now to my point.....So I chose to get my career going before having kids. At 41 I just had my first son (Nov 2011). WOW it's amazing what we women can do. I always thought that I could have it all. A successful career (in which I continue to advance in), kids, time to scrapbook, workout, hang with girlfriends.... etc. It isn't easy and to do all that and often means making some sacrifices. I have learned that sometimes we can't do it all and just doing the important stuff is what counts. I am very career driven and give 110%. After having my son I thought once he was 6 months I could do work from home (I work in the Oil & Gas Industry) My company was going to allow me to do this. Long story short I FAILED. My work was poor and I struggled because I had to stay up late to meet the deadlines and got no sleep because my son wasn't sleeping at all. I lost all my confidence and have been working hard to get it back before I return to work full time in Oct. Women have lots on their plates and we do a pretty great job of juggling it all. I realized that if men had to do what women had to do ( be pregnant (and deal with all that comes with that), go to work, leave the work force to have the child and then re enter it (doing this several times depending on how many kids you have), put your precious baby in day care, work f/t, look after the family and household and the dog they would DIE) Your blog has inspired me and I have taken lots of ideas from it...... Project life being one of the greatest. You are amazingly talented and by the sounds of it a great wife, mother and friend to many. There will always be ups and downs but you just have to fight through them. Just know that there are lots of women out there going through the same stuff as you are.

Tracy

Electra said...

No silly platitudes, they don't mean anything, really. Just remember that you are moving towards something wonderful and you CAN do this. As hard as it is. And it IS hard. I know, cus I've done it and now my little one is grown and I can sit down and admire her) (Not that it matters, you don't even know me-hah!) I love your writing style, your words are very powerful.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your honesty. I think it is pretty easy to get caught up in people's lives via their blogs, facebook etc. and think everyone else's lives are all roses and sunshine all of the time. It is comforting to see that other people struggle with trying to balance motherhood and work and exercise and friends and so on. From what I see on your blog you seem to be extremely motivated and determined to make it all work. I'm sure you are doing a great job and I think the bad days just come with the territory. I think you should be really proud of yourself and the talented women you have become.
Take care,
A friend from a long time ago :)

Kathleen Ruelling said...

Hang in there, Nadine (I say that like I know you, when I only know you from your blog and from the beautiful card kits that you create and I purchase...but I feel we have kindred spirits). It isn't always easy and you are not alone, even though there are times where it feels like you are an island. Know that you have lots of support and lots of "blog fans" rooting for you. And as for the yelling...we all need to yell sometimes. "Those who matter do not mind and those who mind do not matter". Dr. Suess...he saves my life somedays.
Kathleen