I have been teaching cards for Treasured Memories now for almost 6 years! It's hard to believe that I started out doing this begrudgingly and then quickly changed my tune and fell in love with card making and teaching these classes. I have made hundreds of demo cards. Some I keep to give away but I sell most of them at the store. I thought it would be fun to share a card and it's instructions here every Friday. I will share my card which you will basically use as a sketch to create your own. Any papers will work and any theme will do. Yours can be Christmas or birthday or anniversary, anything goes. Just pick your papers and get to work.
For this card I have used Pink Paislee's Yuletide collection.
- Cardstock: 6 x 10 ½, fold
- Background Pattern Paper: 5 x 5 ¾, do not add yet
- Pocket Pattern Paper: 2¼ x 5, add adhesive to the bottom and both sides and adhere in place creating a pocket
- Pattern paper strip: trim to 3x1, cut in a V on one end and add
- pattern paper strip: ½ x 2 ¾, cut in a V on one end and add
- 1¾" - 2" circle with sentiment either already on paper or add with a stamp. Add this circle with 3D adhesive foam
- Create 2 tags from pattern paper: 2x3, punch out a hole for each
- Add 2 pieces of twine or ribbon, one tag here has a small jingle bell added as well
- add tags to pockets
- You can now add this all to your cardstock to finish off your card
Tip: instead of tags you can add gift cards to the pocket to celebrate someone special