Friday 19 July 2013

Project Life: Week 28

I came home from my trip to the mountains inspired to work on Project Life and that is exactly what I did. I have completed 6 weeks of catch up, 16 to go. This year, unlike last, I haven't stressed out about not getting my pages done. However, there were days when I thought... what's the point. Then I watched Anna excitedly flip through a book and knew right then & there that that's the point. I too felt tugs at my heart flipping through the books, seeing all the changes in her, it really is unbelievable. So, I sat down and started organising pictures (probably the part I find most difficult & frustrating), picked them up from the lab and got to work. It was exciting to see a finished spread, it had been so long. I hope to catch up in the next few weeks and then do my best to stay on track but if not... no stress. It'll happen. 

Week 28: full spread

Page 1

To note: I printed out two drawings Anna did on the iPad in 5x7 and added them in a page protector
Supplies Used: Midnight Edition Core Kit, 4x6 grid cards, Week 28 circle: download from September Blue, washi tape

Page 2

Supplies Used: Midnight Edition Core Kit, 4x6 grid cards, sticker: American Crafts, washi tape

Extra inserts for Jasper trip.

To note: added in a screen shot from my iPhone of the weather while in Jasper
Supplies Used: Midnight Edition Core Kit, 4x6 grid cards, Today is Good circle is cut from a 3x4 card from the Seafoam Core kit, alphas from Basic Grey for Studio Calico, car sticker: American Crafts, washi tape


To note: I printed the picture of Anna & Jasper Bear at London Drugs at 6x15 and then cut it down to 12" & added in a 6x12 page protector. The edge (with the holes) was too wide so I trimmed it down, wrapped washi tape all the way around and then punched new holes.
Supplies Used: Geo tag: Studio Calico, alphas: American Crafts, favourite sticker: KI for Studio Calico, washi tape

To note: I adhered white card stock to the back of the 6x12 photo to add in my journaling. For the second page I made an 8x10 photo collage in Picasa, had it printed and then added into a 8.5x11 page protector, I trimmed down the page protector and sewed it shut. I repeated the process from before of trimming down the edge with the holes.
Supplies Used: Alphas: Basic Gray for Studio Calico & American Crafts, washi tape

To note: Repeated the steps from above and created a photo collage, printed my Magline Canyon photo @ 6x8, added to a 8.5x11 page protector, trimmed down & sewed shut.
Supplies Used: Alphas: American Crafts, heart: Heidi Swapp, washi tape

Last Page

To note: added in a wood circle to highlight where my bear was as he's hard to see in the trees. I cut down coordinations cardstock to fit my label maker and then created the Goodbye Jasper, I then sanded the cardstock to reveal the core colour.
Supplies Used: Midnight Edition Core kit, wood veneer: Studio Calico, stamp: Elise Blaha Cripe, Goodbye Jasper label: home made, washi tape

About Project Life: it is a memory keeping system created by Becky Higgins, you can learn more here.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at nadinekaren@ymail.com

1 comment:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

Wowee wow wow! This is amazing, beautiful and awesome!! What an inspiration. I was thinking of just stopping by the store tonight to say hello, but I just might have to bring some stuff to play with!