Tuesday 21 May 2013

gushing gratitude

We celebrated Victoria Day this past weekend, Monday was a holiday, Cory had the day off and it was beautiful. I found myself sitting on the couch last night with an overwhelming sense of gratitude. The weather was amazing, we made no plans but decided to just go with the flow and we ended up filling our days with random, simple, joyful activities. Wonderful.

I am grateful for an extra day together without work.
I am grateful for sleeping in.
I am grateful for sunshine.
I am grateful for 2 hours to myself on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday while Cory & Anna did their thing.


I am grateful for a new bird feeder outside the living room window.
I am grateful for gardening.
I am grateful for our first trip to the farmers market since last summer.
I am grateful for fresh vegetables and the best tzatziki I have ever tasted.


I am grateful for Sunday breakfasts.
I am grateful for Anna singing to us.
I am grateful for trips to Ikea.


I am grateful for the joy found in a balloon.
I am grateful for the Balloon Man and his childlike spirit.
I am grateful for movie nights after Anna goes to bed.
I am grateful for BBQ'd hot dogs and corn.


I am grateful for lunch on a patio.
I am grateful for Max & Ruby on my phone and popcorn in hats.


I am grateful for deep fried pickles. 
I am grateful for the park.


I am grateful for summer drinks from Starbucks.
I am grateful for how excited Anna gets when she gets her very own Starbucks drink.
I am grateful for bug spray. 
I am grateful for strawberry sundaes.


2 comments:

Formerly.Lisa.S. said...

This is lovely friend! I am glad you had a great weekend!!

Candace said...

I am grateful for your gratefulness, and to have you as a friend.