Monday 1 March 2010

I {heart} my new Elna

I had a fabulous weekend! Cory & I went up to Lac La Biche to visit my grandparents and had a great trip. It was so nice to see them all, to visit and listen to stories. My Grandma Hocko is a big time sewer and has all the latest sergers and computerized machines.... none of which make any sense to me. I can barley sew a straight line! I had mentioned to her awhile ago that I wanted a sewing machine so I could learn to sew and to be able to sew onto layouts (which elicited a very funny look from her). She took me downstairs after lunch and dug out her very old machine for me! It is so fabulous! She bought this machine in 1958 and it works like it's brand new!!! She had bought all the different gears for it and also still had all of them. I am quite sure I will never use them all there are so many different stitches to choose from! I am seriously so excited about this machine! Check out these manuals! Awesome!Here I am, the student!

We then headed to Boyle to visit my Grandma Wolansky who dug out old albums and gave me one that was full of wedding pictures that I had never seen from my Mom & Dad's wedding! More awesomeness! I am feeling so grateful!

Onto other business, March 1st means that the new Kits of the Month at Treasured Memories are available! Here are the pages that I created using one of the kits! I'll post kit pictures as soon as they're available.










I have more layouts to share that I did for Riff Raff but I need to send them off to Kara before I do that! Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

They are all lovely but I especially like the first one!

Ginger said...

I saw your LO's at the store... They are gorgeous!